There’s a thousand and one things you have to consider when planning a wedding. From the dress you will wear to the food you will place on the tables, every single detail counts – it can all make or break what is supposed to be the most beautiful day of your life.
- Of course, your bridal look is among the top priorities – but so is the groom’s appearance. In the end, it does take two to make a wedding – and your groom wants to look great just as much as you do. Here are some tips to share with your groom when choosing his tuxedo:
- Regardless of whether you are wearing a purchased tuxedo or a rental one, you should first and foremost make sure it fits. The more ill-fitting a tuxedo is, the more likely it is that it will end up feeling uncomfortable.
- Be open to the store assistant’s suggestions. You may think you know exactly how your tuxedo will look – but the truth is that what you plan at home may not be the same with what you leave the store with. Be open to the specialist’s suggestion – they’ve been doing this for a long time. Their advice comes from years of experience.
- Understand the way fabric works. Some fabrics just don’t look good on some people – and that’s perfectly normal. That is also why you should get your tuxedo from a store, rather than a catalog or website – it will give you a much better idea of how it will look on you.
- You don’t need a large shopping crew. You can go in with your bride, or just with your Best Man. You can also bring along one or two of your groomsmen too. The more people there are in your shopping entourage, the more likely it is for things to get confusing and stressful.
- DO try it on. You won’t believe how many grooms don’t try on their tuxedoes until the very last moment – which might be a little too late to make any alterations, and which brings us to the first bullet point in this list. The tuxedo should really fit.
Planning a wedding in Colorado? Come find a truly awe-inspiring spot just 35 minutes away from downtown Denver – Blackstone Rivers Ranch. Our luxurious riverfront mountain wedding venue will make you feel so, so amazing on your Big Day!